Loyola University Graduate Center
8890 McGaw Road, Columbia, MD 21045
Overview of the Conference:
· Two half-day presentations
· Come for the morning or the afternoon or come for all day
· Valuable information for psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, licensed professional counselors and other health care professionals.
· Instructional Level: Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced
Overall Course Learning Objectives:
· This conference will provide presentations suitable for clinicians interested in learning how biofeedback can enhance their practice, as well as those who are well seasoned in their field of biofeedback and Neurofeedback. Attendees will gain exposure to methods of EEG and physiological assessment that inform procedures for stimulation neurogenesis and integration into the central nervous system.
Continuing Education Credits:
· This program, when attended in its entirety, is available for 6.25 continuing education credits. AAPB is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. AAPB maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· Social Workers approved by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) (approval pending).
· BCIA approved CEU credits to meet requirements for BCIA certification.
· NOTE! $25.00 fee for CEU certificates (AAPB/APA, BCIA and/or NASW).
8:30 a.m. Registration and “Light Breakfast”
9:00 a.m. Welcome: Lilian Rosenbaum, LCSW-C, PhD, MASBBM
9:15 a.m. A Basis for Behavior: Assessing the Brain to Train the Brain
Presenter: Adrian C.M. Van Deusen
10:45 a.m. Break
11:00 a.m. Mr. Van Deusen continues
12:30 p.m. Lunch
Report on MASBBM’s Strategic Plan: Bonnie Sobel, Chair, Strategic Planning Committee
Presentation of the Lifetime Achievement Award to William E. Whitehead, PhD
1:30 p.m. Physiological Assessment of Psychological Resilience and the Emerging Technology of Neurointegration
Presenter: Paul E. Rapp, PhD
3:00 p.m. Break
3:15 p.m. Dr. Rapp continues
4:45 p.m. Discussion of Presentations with Q&A
Moderator: Dr. Rosenbaum
5:00 p.m. Adjourn
For information: Bea Haskins